On Monday, officials said that over 100 people in Lakhimpur district of Assam have become ill due to food poisoning after consuming ‘prasad’. It was reported that the incident occurred at No. 1 Thekeraguri in Dhakuakhana on Saturday night, with people complaining of uneasiness from Sunday afternoon.
The health department official stated that the 110 affected individuals had consumed prasad at a namghar after a programme, and began experiencing symptoms such as loose motion, vomiting, and stomach ache. All were treated at the local civil hospital in Dhakuakhana, with one being referred to Lakhimpur Medical College and Hospital for more advanced care.